I recently saw a post that inspired me. We spend so much time thinking about the things we want to do before we die-writing bucket lists while worrying about not completing them.
Well, here is a list of things I can promise myself I won’t do before I die.
- Be a world class athlete. I am 22, and it is very unlikely I will make it to the Olympics. I don’t play sports and I never did in high school. I think I became okay with this when my parents put me in sports when I was younger, but gave up because I would rather sing and act! Sorry mom and dad.
- Shoot an animal. I would never shoot anything living. Sorry-not-sorry to (almost) all the people I went to high school with. I don’t see how anyone could find this fun, or do it on a regular basis.
- Learn a new language. I’m pretty much giving up on this one. I’ve tried, no bueno.
- Go to space. I literally have zero desire to do this. It would be extremely claustrophobic, and who knows if I would ever return? No thanks. I will stay where there’s oxygen.
- Finish a movie I don’t like. It’s a waste of time. What’s the point? Might as well do something better.
- Die miserable. I think a lot of people have grown to hate the world. I can promise myself I will never be like this. I know a lot of bad can and has happened, but don’t forget about the good.
- Stop trying new things. Writing this list was very hard because I’m very open to trying new things. I was going to add skydiving, but I might want to try it someday. I am constantly trying new things, and learning new things. It’s what keeps life fun.
I don’t think life is this big to-do list. The most amazing things are right in front of us, and most people need to re-learn how to appreciate this.
What can you promise yourself you won’t do before you die?